ReMe’s security protocols have been built to the rigorous standards of leading care home groups and with the guidance of industry experts. Key points that assure our commitment and compliance are as follows:
- Only users granted permission have access to RemindMeCare through a password protected session player.
- All staff at Health-Connected Ltd and our server provider comply with privacy and data protection laws.
- Our servers are secure and monitored continuously.
- Data is encrypted for storage and transmission. Our systems detects suspicious behaviour and abuse; systems are disabled immediately when abuse is detected and our protection systems are updated regularly to prevent unauthorised access.
- Use and changes to data are logged to enable the user to see the information we hold about the person using RemindMeCare. Each user only has access to their own details.
- We rigorously test our systems for security.
- We will destroy records of sessions and information held about individual users on request.
- We do not share personal information about individuals.
- We may share anonymised data that has been amended to protect the identity of the users and carers. This anonymised data enables Health-Connected Ltd to provide reports on the overall interests of people with dementia and develop improvements and services that may be valuable.
- We will always report allegations of abuse of a vulnerable person to social services and the police.
- We maintain a record of the interests and preferences of people with dementia as a tool for activities and reminiscence in the interests of delivering therapies, care and support of the individual.
- We undertake to respond to any complaints, concerns and questions about our security and safeguarding of individuals using our systems.
- We ask users to create a secure password and to keep the password confidential. Users may only access information about the person with dementia for whom they have responsibility and should ensure that they have that person’s consent before giving any personal information to anyone else.
Safe Secure Access
- ReMe provides formal care organisations with a means to safely share the knowledge that a person with dementia or their family have entrusted to them and features functionality to support safeguarding.
- Information is never stored on a user’s device, being accessed from a central location, password protected and subject to stringent security measures. An administrator for each care organisation oversees a closed group of trusted carers and acts as the gatekeeper to the information that is collected through the ReMe activity.
- ReMe is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and all matters relating to security, rights and protections are rigorously protected and appropriately administered. Learn more about RemindMeCare’s military-level encryption data security »